- Latest Headlines
- WCHOB Announces Chief Nursing Officer Appointment
- Kaleida Health Partners with NHL and Buffalo Sabres for NHL Combine
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Awards Dr. Beaupin with Young Investigators Clinical Award
- Hunter’s Hope Foundation Brings Newborn Screening Awareness to WCHOB Through Donation of Burp Cloths
- "James the Ice Creamcycle Dude" Delivers Summer Fun to WCHOB
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Auction Set For Old Deaconess Center Site
Cash Realty & Auctions will host an auction at the old Deaconess Center in Buffalo.
It is believed to be the largest health care related auction in decades, with furniture, medical and dental equipment, patient beds, food service items and equipment, maintenance equipment, tools and more all scheduled to go. Many of the items are less than six or seven years old.
The Deaconess Center, located at 1001 Humboldt Parkway, is a former hospital that closed in 1986. Most recently it served as a nursing home for Kaleida Health but closed in December to make way for the organization’s new long term care facility, HighPointe on Michigan.
The auction will be held Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. A preview of the inventory will be held at 8:30 a.m. on auction day. Payment is due immediately at auction.
All proceeds from the auction will benefit patient care at HighPointe on Michigan. HighPointe on Michigan marks the consolidation of two Kaleida Health nursing homes, the 242-bed Deaconess Center on Humboldt Parkway and the 75-bed skilled-nursing unit located inside Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital. Both of which are now closed.