- Latest Headlines
- Women & Children’s Hospital Pediatric ICU Ranks High Amongst National Peers
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Week
- Updated Patient Visitation Policy Effective Immediately
- DeGraff Adult Day Care Celebrates National Adult Day Services Week
- Deborah Dee named Women & Children’s Hospital Employee of the Year
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Futuristic Cinemavision Goggles Offer MRI Patients More Than a Day at the Movies
Cinemavision Goggles, now available for patients receiving an MRI within Imaging Services at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, offer the opportunity to avoid anesthesia, eliminate claustrophobic feelings, reduce total scan time and increase overall comfort while enjoying a private showing of a favorite movie, television show or music.
The first Imaging Center in Western New York to routinely offer Cinemavision Goggles, the Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation invested in this technology to help improve the care for patients and to improve patient satisfaction with more efficient throughput.
The Cinemavision video goggles and head set are connected to a television, DVD player or radio that enables patients to view a TV show or movie as though watching it on a wide screen. Patients are fitted with the headset and goggles worn throughout the procedure. The headset also includes a microphone for patients to speak and be heard directly by the technologists performing the scan.
For more information, including video demonstration and patient testimonials for the Cinemavision Goggles, access the Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo web site via the following link (click on “Cinemavision Goggles in left column): http://www.wchob.org/imaging.
"There are several clear benefits of having the Cinemavision goggles for our patients," said Jan Najdzionek, MD, Medical Director, Radiology, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. "Our younger patients especially are more comfortable and willing to undergo an MRI without the effects or risks of anesthesia. Each scan and recovery also occurs more quickly and efficiently. While these are certainly advantages for children, they are also for the adults we serve."
Installation of this and other advanced technology and facilities within Imaging Services has contributed to enhanced services to patient, their families and referring physicians.
Imaging Services at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo leads the WNY in pediatric “Image Gently” to ensure the lowest radiation dose for our patients. In fact, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo was recently selected by a jury of internationally recognized radiology professors as having the best neuro image while having the lowest radiation dose in a recent contest involving 627 submissions from radiology centers in more than 43 countries worldwide.
Other recent achievements by Imaging Services include:
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) awarded to Nuclear Medicine and CT with the 128-slice CT Scanner, which also represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. MRI services had already obtained ACR Accreditation prior to 2011.
- A renewed accreditation for its hospital-based Radiology Fellowship Program from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as the only ACGME accredited radiology training program in Western New York. This new 3-year accreditation enables Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo to continue recruiting and training pediatric radiology fellows from throughout the U.S.
- Initiated participation in the National Radiology Data Registry, a data warehouse to aid facilities with their quality improvement programs and efforts to improve patient care by comparing facility data to that of their region and the nation.
To schedule appointments, please call (716) 878-7129. Pre-registration is available to patients who will be contacted by the Kaleida Health call center.
|Related Kaleida Service: Imaging Services|