100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Questions & Answers
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Find your topic by the first letter.
- Walking pneumonia: What does it mean?
- Walking poles: Good for brisk walking?
- Walking: Is it enough for weight loss?
- Warfarin diet: What foods should I avoid?
- Warm-mist vs. cool-mist humidifier: Which is better for a cold?
- Water after meals: Does it disturb digestion?
- Water exercise: Does pool temperature matter?
- Water retention: Are there natural diuretics?
- Water softeners and sodium
- Weight loss: Better to cut calories or exercise more?
- Weight training: Free weights vs. machine weights
- Weighted hula hoops: Hoopla or good exercise?
- Weightlifting belt: Do I need one?
- Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure?
- Weightlifting: Best before or after an aerobic workout?
- Weight-loss hypnosis: Does it work?
- What are functional foods?
- What are superbugs and how can I protect myself from infection?
- What is BPA? Should I be worried about it?
- What is chikungunya fever, and should I be worried?
- What is compassionate use of experimental drugs?
- What is hot yoga?
- What is MERS-CoV, and what should I do?
- What is reflexology?
- What is wheatgrass? Why is it in my drink?
- What's causing my infant's diarrhea?
- What's the difference between H1N1 flu and influenza A?
- Wheezing in children: Could it be asthma?
- When the heat is on, which oil should you use?
- When to brush your teeth
- White coat hypertension: When blood pressure rises at the doctor's office
- White patch on skin: A cause for concern?
- White stool: Should I be concerned?
- White whole-wheat bread: Is it nutritious?
- Whitening toothpaste: Does it whiten teeth?
- Who gets rheumatoid arthritis?
- Whole-body vibration: An effective workout?
- Why isn't there a hepatitis C vaccine?
- Will an air purifier eliminate cigarette smoke?
- Will lidocaine injections help fibromyalgia pain?
- Will my child outgrow asthma?
- Wilson's syndrome: An accepted medical diagnosis?
- Wisdom teeth removal: When is it necessary?
- Wrist blood pressure monitors: Are they accurate?
©1998-2016 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).