100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Questions & Answers
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Find your topic by the first letter.
- Sagging breasts: Inevitable after breast-feeding?
- Salt craving: A symptom of Addison's disease?
- Savella for fibromyalgia: Helpful for fatigue?
- Scalp psoriasis vs. seborrheic dermatitis: What's the difference?
- Sea salt vs. table salt: What's the difference?
- Seasonale: Is breakthrough bleeding more common?
- Second pregnancy: Different from the first pregnancy?
- Secondary infertility: Why does it happen?
- Self-care for the flu
- Semen allergy: A cause of infertility?
- Sensitive teeth: What treatments are available?
- Sex after years of abstinence: OK to resume?
- Sex during vaginal infection: Is it harmful?
- Shaving hair: Does shaved hair grow back thicker?
- Shift work: Improving daytime sleep
- Shingles treatment: Does alcohol use affect therapy?
- Shingles vaccine: Can I transmit the vaccine virus to others?
- Shingles vaccine: Should I get it?
- Should I make changes to my diet if I've been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation?
- Should people with atrial fibrillation participate in physical activity?
- Silent heart attack: What are the risks?
- Silicone breast implants: What happens if they rupture?
- Sinus infection and toothache: Any connection?
- Sitting risks: How harmful is too much sitting?
- Sjogren's syndrome: Can it cause recurrent UTIs?
- Sleep aids: Could antihistamines help me sleep?
- Sleep and weight gain: What's the connection?
- Sleep apnea and caffeine: Any connection?
- Sleep deprivation: A cause of high blood pressure?
- Slow metabolism: Is it to blame for weight gain?
- Small cell, large cell cancer: What this means
- Smoking and rheumatoid arthritis: What's the risk?
- Smoking: Does it cause wrinkles?
- Sodium nitrate in meat: Heart disease risk factor?
- Soy: Does it reduce cholesterol?
- Soy: Does it worsen hypothyroidism?
- Spastic colon: What does it mean?
- Sperm: How long do they live after ejaculation?
- Spider veins: How are they removed?
- Split fingernails: Can you prevent them?
- Splitting doses: A good strategy for colonoscopy preparation?
- Starting solids: When is the right time?
- Statins: Do they cause ALS?
- Stevia: Can it help with weight control?
- Stomach flu: How long am I contagious?
- Stool color: When to worry
- Stop multitasking and learn how to focus
- Strength training sets: How many for best results?
- Strep throat in infants: A common diagnosis?
- Stress and hair loss: Are they related?
- Stress and weight gain
- Stress management for MS
- Sulfa allergy: Which medications should I avoid?
- Sun rash: Causes and prevention
- Sunburn treatment: Do I need medical attention?
- Sundowning: Late-day confusion
- Super lice: Should I be worried about these treatment-resistant pests?
- Superslow strength training: Does it work?
- Swallowing gum: Is it harmful?
©1998-2016 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).