726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Questions & Answers
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Find your topic by the first letter.
- Pain and depression: Is there a link?
- Palindromic rheumatism: Does it cause joint damage?
- Palliative care: Who is it for?
- Pancreatic cancer treatment: Why is it so challenging?
- Pap smear: Can it detect ovarian cancer?
- Pap smear: Do I need one if I'm a virgin?
- Pap smear: Still needed after hysterectomy?
- Parkinsonism: Causes and coping strategies
- Passive-aggressive behavior: What are the red flags?
- Paternal age: How does it affect a baby?
- Penis fracture: Is it possible?
- Percent Daily Value: What does it mean?
- Pet allergy: Are there hypoallergenic dog breeds?
- Petroleum jelly: Safe for a dry nose?
- Phantosmia: What causes olfactory hallucinations?
- Phentermine for weight loss: Can it help?
- Phenylalanine in diet soda: Is it harmful?
- Phosphatidylserine supplements: Can they improve memory?
- Photodynamic therapy: An effective treatment for lung cancer?
- Pink eye treatment: What if I wear contact lenses?
- Pink eye: How long is it contagious?
- Plugged ears: What is the remedy?
- Poinsettia plants: Are they poisonous?
- Polymyositis: Can a gluten-free diet reduce symptoms?
- Polypill: Does it treat heart disease?
- Pomegranate juice: A cure for prostate cancer?
- Pomegranate juice: Can it lower cholesterol?
- Post-traumatic stress: How can you help your loved one?
- Prednisone withdrawal: Why taper down slowly?
- Pregnancy acne: What's the best treatment?
- Pregnancy after gastric bypass: Is it safe?
- Pregnancy and hot tubs: What's the risk?
- Pregnancy constipation: Are stool softeners safe?
- Pregorexia: A legitimate problem during pregnancy?
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: Different from PMS?
- Prenatal vitamins: OK for women who aren't pregnant?
- Presbyopia: A cause of blurred distance vision?
- Preventing blood clots for people with atrial fibrillation
- Prolotherapy: Solution to low back pain?
- Prostate cancer brachytherapy: Can I pass radiation to others?
- Prostate cancer metastasis: Where does prostate cancer spread?
- Prostate cancer treatment: Does initial treatment preclude others later?
- Prostate cancer: Does PSA level affect prognosis?
- Prostatitis: Can sexual activity make it worse?
- Protein shakes: Good for weight loss?
- PSA levels: Can they rise after prostate removal?
- Pseudoaneurysm: What causes it?
- Pseudoclaudication: Is it related to claudication?
- Psoriasis diet: Can changing your diet treat psoriasis?
- Psoriasis treatment: Can fish oil supplements reduce symptoms?
- Pulse pressure: An indicator of heart health?
©1998-2014 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).