726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Find information on Heart.
Questions & Answers
- Aortic calcification: An early sign of heart valve problems?
- Beta blockers: How do they affect exercise?
- Butter vs. margarine: Which is better for my heart?
- Calcium supplements: A risk factor for heart attack?
- Can vitamins help prevent a heart attack?
- Cardiac asthma: What causes it?
- Chemotherapy side effects: A cause of heart disease?
- Cholesterol ratio: Is it important?
- Diabetes management: Does aspirin therapy prevent heart problems?
- Does atrial fibrillation run in families?
- Ejection fraction: What does it measure?
- Exercise during pregnancy: Is heart rate a concern?
- Fasting diet: Can it improve my heart health?
- Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine?
- Grass-fed beef: What are the heart-health benefits?
- Healthy chocolate: Dream or reality?
- Healthy heart for life: Avoiding heart disease
- Heart attack prevention: Should I avoid secondhand smoke?
- Heart cancer: Is there such a thing?
- Heart disease prevention: Does oral health matter?
- Heart rate: What's normal?
- Menopause hormone therapy: Who shouldn't take it?
- Olive oil: What are the health benefits?
- Omega-6 fatty acids: Can they cause heart disease?
- Polypill: Does it treat heart disease?
- Pulse pressure: An indicator of heart health?
- Silent heart attack: What are the risks?
- Sodium nitrate in meat: Heart disease risk factor?
- Testosterone therapy side effects: What are the heart risks?
- Blood tests for heart disease
- Cardioversion for atrial fibrillation
- Drug-eluting stents: Do they increase heart attack risk?
- Erectile dysfunction: A sign of heart disease?
- Exercise: 7 benefits of regular physical activity
- Flu shots: Especially important if you have heart disease
- HDL cholesterol: How to boost your 'good' cholesterol
- Heart attack symptoms: Know what's a medical emergency
- Heart conditions and pregnancy: Know the risks
- Heart disease in women: Understand symptoms and risk factors
- Heartburn or chest pain: When is it heart attack?
- Heart-healthy diet: 8 steps to prevent heart disease
- Herbal supplements may not mix with heart medicines
- Hormone replacement therapy and your heart
- Lifestyle changes for people with atrial fibrillation
- Medications to control heart rate and heart rhythm in atrial fibrillation
- Menus for heart-healthy eating: Cut the fat and salt
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
- Omega-3 in fish: How eating fish helps your heart
- Preventing atrial fibrillation
- Procedures to treat atrial fibrillation
- Red wine and resveratrol: Good for your heart?
- Strategies to prevent heart disease
- Sudden death in young people: Heart problems often blamed
- Tests used to diagnose atrial fibrillation
- Trans fat is double trouble for your heart health
- Treatments for atrial fibrillation
- Triglycerides: Why do they matter?
- What anti-arrhythmic medications may be prescribed for atrial fibrillation?
- What are the risk factors for atrial fibrillation?
- What are the signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation?
- What causes atrial fibrillation?
- What complications can occur with atrial fibrillation?
- What is atrial fibrillation?
- What medications control heart rate in atrial fibrillation?
- Whole grains: Hearty options for a healthy diet
Related Diseases & Conditions
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Aortic valve regurgitation
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Atrioventricular canal defect
- Broken heart syndrome
- Brugada syndrome
- Bundle branch block
- Cardiogenic shock
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Congenital heart defects in children
- Congenital heart disease in adults
- Coronary artery disease
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Ebstein's anomaly
- Eisenmenger syndrome
- Enlarged heart
- Heart arrhythmia
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Heart murmurs
- Heart palpitations
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Left ventricular hypertrophy
- Long QT syndrome
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve regurgitation
- Mitral valve stenosis
- Myocardial ischemia
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Patent foramen ovale
- Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs)
- Pulmonary atresia
- Pulmonary valve stenosis
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Small vessel disease
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD)
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Tricuspid atresia
- Truncus arteriosus
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- Broken heart: Can grief damage your heart?
- Is your diet hurting your heart?
- Is your lifestyle causing heartburn?
- Protein: Heart-healthy sources
- Whole grains for a healthy heart
Tests & Procedures
- Biofeedback: Using your mind to improve your health
- Cardiac ablation
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chelation therapy for heart disease
- Coronary angiogram
- Coronary angioplasty and stents
- CT coronary angiogram
- Heart scan (coronary calcium scan)
- Heart transplant
- Holter monitor
- Stress test
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs)
©1998-2014 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).