VNA of WNY - Erie County
2100 Wehrle Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221
- (716) 630-8000
- (800) 442-3227
- (716) 630-8660 Fax
- Map & Directions
Rehabilitation Services - VNA Home Care
When you or a loved one require rehabilitation at home, the VNA of WNY can provide a complete array of services to help -- from physical therapy to speech therapy.
The VNA offers the area's largest rehab department and brings you some of the most experienced clinicians in Western New York. Patients are treated where they most prefer to be, in their own homes.
The VNA has the added advantage of being able to coordinate care with all of the additional services offered by our agency. Whether it is Home Nursing, Home Health Aid services, or Home Infusion services, VNA therapists work side by side with hundreds of other healthcare professionals.
- Our physical therapists (PTs) diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the elderly
- We work with individuals who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform daily activities
- Our occupational therapists provide skilled treatment to help individuals achieve independence in their lives.
- We help people develop the skills necessary for daily living -- from personal care to other activities in the home environment
- VNA speech therapists evaluate, diagnose and treat speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders
- We treat people of all ages, from infants to the elderly
Medical Social Work
- The VNA provides medical social workers to offer psychosocial support to patients and families
- Our professionals provide support and counseling to help patients and families cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses
- They also advise family caregivers, counsel patients, and help plan for patients’ needs after discharge from home health care
- Our registered dieticians provide reliable, objective nutrition information
- They can translate the latest scientific findings into easy-to-understand nutrition information.
- We work closely with other members of our team, especially with diabetic patients, and those receiving nutritional intake from alternative sources
Bringing you the latest therapies and innovations
The VNA's not-for-profit status allows us to re-invest in the latest, most effective therapies to improve the recovery of patients. We constantly monitor the rehabilitation market to identify the newest, research driven therapies, and apply them to the home setting.
Some of the specialty areas in which we are highly proficient include:
Falls Risk Assessment and Intervention
- An evidence-based falls risk assessment is included with every patient evaluation.
- Objective, well researched tools and interventions are used to track and improve the ability of patients to safely walk and function within their home
- An extensive home evaluation and a comprehensive list of recommendations are also provided to improve patient safety as they perform their daily activities
Total Joint Replacement Fast-track
- Our program allows patients who have had a total knee or hip replacement to return home straight from the hospital after their surgery.
- The team is dedicated to providing initial visits the day after a patient returns home, and in some cases, a pre-operative visit may be arranged to prepare in advance for the return.
- Therapy frequencies of up to six days per week are possible, and patients have access to as many of the comprehensive VNA services as needed
Vestibular Dysfunction and Intervention Program
- We offer specific physical therapy treatment program for dizziness caused by inner ear dysfunction.
Advanced Multidisciplinary Wound Care
- The VNA physical therapy treatment program is led by a Certified Wound Specialist
- Care may utilize electrical stimulation, conservative sharp debridement, positioning and education to promote healing of chronic and difficult to heal wounds
Low Vision Assessment and Intervention
- We offer an occupational therapy program with adaptive techniques to help individuals with low visual acuity to function independently
- Instruction in innovative techniques for diabetic and ostomy care for patients with low vision is also available.
Vital Stim™ Therapy
- Our speech therapy program uses specifically calibrated electrical stimulation along with targeted exercises to improve the ability to swallow.
- This therapy has demonstrated results which include the complete return to normal swallowing function in patients who have relied on feeding tubes for years to obtain their nutritional intake.
The highest quality care
Any good rehabilitation service tracks and is judged by their outcomes.
- Did the patients accomplish their goals?
- Are they satisfied?
- Are the referring physicians confident their patients will be well taken care of?
The VNA collaborates with local universities and national experts to ensure that the outcomes tracked are what really matter to customers. We constantly monitor to identify any area that needs improvement, so that you are assured the highest quality care.
Get the VNA Advantage
- The area's largest rehabilitation department
- The most experienced clinicians
- A complete array of services and therapies
- Access to other services of the area's largest home care agency
For additional information go to: http://www.vnawny.org