VNA of WNY - Erie County
2100 Wehrle Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221
- (716) 630-8000
- (800) 442-3227
- (716) 630-8660 Fax
- Map & Directions
Skilled Nursing Services in the Home
Call on the VNA for skilled nursing services in the home, and you will work with a pioneer and innovator in the field. We offer an incredible range of services, all provided under a plan of care established and monitored by the patient’s physician.
Our experienced home health RNs assess and care for patients of all ages and conditions. Services include:
- Patient observation and assessment
- Patient and family teaching
- Administration of medications
- Wound care
- Tracheotomies, gastrostomy tubes and foley catheters
- Other treatments as ordered
- Specialty teams in infusion therapy, mental health, obstetrics, as well as a dedicated pediatric team.
Disease Management and Clinical Path Implementation
- Programs focused on education, nutrition, patient compliance, and communication
- Help to control the disease process and maximize wellness.
- Template of care can be modified based on individual patient needs.
- Clinical paths include diabetes, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, DVT, asthma, COPD, and IDDM.
- PTs assess the rehabilitation needs of patients and establish realistic goals toward recovering function
- Services provided in the home include therapeutic exercise, gait training, range of motion and other modalities
- Pediatric therapists are available for the special needs of the child and the family
- Our therapists assess the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living and develop treatment plans
- Therapies include training in feeding, dressing, balance, assistive devices and other interventions
- We offer treatment for speech, language, communication disabilities and swallowing disorders
- Services are implemented in the home.
Medical Social Work
- MSWs assess and attempt to improve the patient’s emotional adjustment by counseling, referral to community agencies, helping with finances, and other matters.
- Our registered dieticians provide assessment and patient counseling concerning nutrition and therapeutic diets.
- The dietitian also serves as a resource to other professional staff
Get the VNA Advantage
- The innovator in skilled nursing for the home
- A full range of skilled nursing services
- Experienced RNs and other medical professionals
- We work with hundreds of physicians under patient care plans
For additional information go to: http://www.vnawny.org