DeGraff Memorial Hospital
445 Tremont Street
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
- (716) 690-2165
- Map & Directions
Case Management/Patient Management
DeGraff Memorial Hospital's Patient Management department offers supportive assistance by providing care coordination and social work services to assist patients and families with the inpatient setting and discharge planning. Patient/Case Management Coordinators and Social Workers are assigned to every hospital nursing unit at DeGraff.
They are available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The role of the Patient Care Coordinator is:
- To evaluate the patient's ongoing needs, working in partnership with the physicians and other members of the healthcare team to coordinate care for the patients in a time-efficient manner.
- To help ensure that special needs of patients and families are identified and addressed.
- To formulate a safe discharge plan. This element includes educating the patient and family about available resources and options to the patient in the community.
- To work collaboratively with the primary insurer to assure proper reimbursement is obtained for inpatient and follow-up care in the community.
The role of the Social Worker is:
- To assist patients and families with discharge to a facility either on a long- or short-term basis, depending on the patient's rehabilitative ability and care needs.
- To assist with direction for financial and other social issues as needed.
- To provide patient and family with support and assistance in adjustment to illness and disability.
For additional information go to: http://www.kaleidahealth.org/DeGraff/services/