Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
- (716) 880-3875
- (716) 836-1252 Fax
- Map & Directions
Early Childhood Direction CenterA program to help professionals and parents of children with special needs, birth to five.
The ECDC provides free information, referral, technical assistance and support to families, professionals, and community agencies concerned with children birth to five with suspected or diagnosed delays or disabilities. The Early Childhood Direction Center also provides assistance to early childhood programs to improve options and opportunities for preschool children with developmental delays or disabilities served in typical early childhood settings. We provide ongoing community training programs for both parents and professionals in the counties of Erie, Niagara, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Allegany and Orleans.
Contact the Early Childhood Direction Center if:
- You have a question about how your child plays, speaks, learns or behaves
- You have a question about your child’s disability or what services are available
- You want to learn more about Early Intervention, Committee on Preschool Special Education- CPSE (ages 3-5) or transition to the Committee on Special education- CSE (school age)
- You are having challenges with your child care center or need help finding child care
- You would like information on funding and/or the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)/Medicaid Service process
- You are looking for support groups and other family resources in YOUR community
- You have questions about special education laws, your rights, regulations and policy relating to children birth to five
- You have a question about an ECDC workshop or a community workshop
- You would like to receive our popular and informative emails
- You want to talk with a friendly, caring and understanding staff who will help you navigate the multiple and oftentimes confusing system
Please consider joining the ECDC information distribution list. You will receive information on federal, state and local updates. Click here to join, or send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to enter "parent" or "professional" in the subject line. Thank you.
Has your child recently been diagnosed with a hearing loss or are you the family member of a child recently diagnosed with a hearing loss? Are you unsure of where to turn for answers about how to support your child as they grow?
Join us for an evening focused on answering your hearing loss questions: what resources are out there? What treatment options are available? What services will you need? For registration (or questions), please contact the Early Childhood Directions Center at 716.880.3875 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register by April 3rd, space is limited.
|When:||April 10th from 6:00-8:00 pm|
|Where:||Early Childhood Direction Center
3131 Sheridan Drive (People Inc. Building)
|Registration:||Please contact 716.880.3875 or email@example.com by April 3rd. Limited space available (35 people).|
A light dinner will be provided.
The ECDC is funded by New York State Education Department and hosted by Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.
Last updated: 03/26/2014