Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
1540 Maple Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
- (716) 568-3753
- (716) 568-3720
- Map & Directions
A full range of women’s services are offered at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.
A mammogram is a safe, low-dose X-ray procedure that images the internal tissues of the breast.
*New 3D Digital Tomosynthesis Mammography Now Available*
What is the benefit of a 3D tomosynthesis mammogram?
- Multiple breast images are taken in just seconds.
- A 3D image allows tissue to be examined one millimeter at a time offering great detail inside the breast to help detect breast cancer at its earliest stages. The radiologist can manipulate the image to closely review areas of interest, unlike films.
- Digital images are easily stored and transferred electronically, eliminating the dependency on one set of original films, which can be misfiled or lost in transit. They also reduce the need for repeat tests due to over or under exposure.
Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital is proud to be one of an elite group of healthcare facilities in the country providing this revolutionary advanced treatment for breast screening.
Stereotactic or prone breast biopsy is also available.
Evening and Saturday hours are available. Call 716-568-6400 for an appointment.
The Labor and Delivery Unit is staffed by midwives and attending physicians with 24-hour anesthesiology coverage. Experienced, compassionate RNs care for mothers in labor as well as provide outpatient triage of pregnant women. Upon admission to Labor and Delivery, mothers are given four visitor passes for the partner and visitors' use during labor. Refer to Your Labor & Delivery Guide - PDF
The Mother-Baby Unit is a family-centered 20-bed unit with 16 private and 4 semi-private rooms. All of the nurses on the Mother Baby Unit are specially trained in lactation to meet the new mom’s needs day or night. A neonatal nurse practitioner is on duty 24 hours a day for stabilization of the newborn. Refer to Rooming in with your baby - PDF
To register for a class, call (716) 568-3628.
- (Prior to birth) childbirth, breastfeeding, birthing basics, baby basics, sibling classes and more are offered (visit www.Buffalobaby.org).
- (Following birth) daily bathing and lactation, with lactation services available 12 hours per day, 7 days per week. (All of the nurses on the Mother Baby Unit are specially trained in lactation to meet the new mom’s needs day or night. Support and guidance for bottle-feeding mothers and their newborns are also offered).
Postpartum Depression Support Group:
Pregnancy and Postpartum Mood Disorders - PDF
Caring Arms Perinatal Bereavement Support Group:
Caring Arms Perinatal Loss - PDF
MFS is a leading provider of minimally invasive gynecologic surgical services having received national recognition by AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) for offering women the highest quality of healthcare services based on national standards.
Many gynecological conditions are being treated by experts at the facility including but not limited to:
- Cervical and uterine cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine prolapse
- Menorrhagia or excessive bleeding
Endometrial ablation procedures are performed such as the NovaSure System, a procedure revolutionizing the treatment of excessive menstrual bleeding. NovaSure uses focused radio wave technology to remove (ablate) the endometrial lining of the uterus, which dramatically reduces or even eliminates the bleeding. It is a highly successful alternative to hysterectomies for this condition.
Suburban is proud of its long tradition of and commitment to providing the newest, state-of-the-art procedures including Robotic Surgery to maximize successful patient outcomes. Visit www.Surgeryatsuburban.com for detailed information about minimally invasive gynecological surgery.