Buffalo General Medical Center
A Building, 16th Floor
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Orthopedic Joint Ventures Program
Before You Check In
- Attend one of our Pre-Operative Classes for Joint Surgery Patients
- Download and print one of our patient information handbooks. They tell you what to expect every step of the way:
- Follow all your surgeon's pre-surgery instructions, including those for pre-admission testing through Buffalo General or Millard Fillmore Suburban. You can call and schedule your own appointment, but it must be after the surgeon has scheduled the surgery. Pre-Admission Testing hours are from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Mon-Fri.
What to Bring to the Hospital
- Your guide for patients book (see link above)
- Comfortable walking shoes (no backless shoes or slip-ons)
- Gums, hard candy, cough drops, etc.
- Baby wipes
- Picture ID
- Glasses, contacts, denture supplies, hearing aids
- Cell phones are permitted on the 16th floor
- Healthcare proxy, living will or advance directives
- Personal hygiene products
What NOT to Bring to the Hospital
- Valuables, such as credit cards, wallets, money, jewelry
- Personal medications, unless specifically advised to do so
- Electrical equipment like: fans, hair dryers, curling or flat iron
Important To Remember:
You are not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery.
Check with your medical care provider if any medications are to be taken the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.