Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
- (716) 878-7563
- Map & Directions
Sports Medicine - Pediatric & Adolescent
Dr. Peter Gambacorta is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with advanced fellowship training in Sports Medicine. He treats all sports related injuries in patients from pediatric to adult with extensive practice in advanced surgical techniques in hip arthroscopy, a minimally invasive approach to treat a number of painful problems including tears of the labrum, cartilage damage, loose bodies, and femoral acetabular impingement (FAI).
Although his practice encompasses many areas of general orthopedics, Dr. Gambacorta’s specialty is in the care and treatment of sports related injuries of the pediatric, adolescent and young adult athlete with expertise in advanced arthroscopic surgical techniques of the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle.
Common pediatric sports related injuries treated in the clinic include:
- Knee: Major ligament injuries, including ACL tears in children with open growth plates, Meniscal Tears and Discoid Meniscus, Osteochondral Fractures, Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD), Patella Dislocations and Fractures.
- Shoulder: Traumatic Dislocations, Multidirectional Instability, SLAP Tears, Labral injuries, AC Separations, Little Leaguer’s Shoulder and Fractures.
- Elbow: Little Leaguers Elbow, Osteochondritis Dissecans, Ulnar Collateral Injuries, Apophyseal Injuries, Dislocations and Fractures.
- Wrist and Hand: TFCC Tears, Instability and Fractures.
- Hip: Femoral Acetabular Impingement, Labral Tears, Snapping Hip, Avulsion Injuries, Dislocations and Fractures.
- Lower Leg: Exertional Compartment Syndrome, Stress fractures, Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD), Achilles and Peroneal Tendon Injuries, Os Trigonium, Ankle Sprains, Ankle Instability, Fractures and Dislocations.
- Spine: Back Pain, Spondylolysis
For additional information go to: http://www.stopsportsinjuries.org/